The clean cookie crust: one of Emmy’s fans’ most loved ways of enjoying our Coconut Cookies. Popularized by our loyal Instagram followers, our cookies double as a gluten free, vegan, non-GMO, and organic crust that acts as a base for infinite kitchen creations. The best part is the crust only requires one thing-any flavor of our cookies! Follow along for step by step instructions with pictures of how to make a #cleancookiecrust.
Line a baking pan with parchment paper, making sure the paper covers the sides of the pan in case you’d like to add filling.
Place 1 bag of cookies into a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds or until soft and pliable. If the cookies have been sitting at room temperature and seem soft enough already, you can skip the microwave step.
Line the pan with the softened cookies. We used a small 6 in. X 2 in. square pan and an entire bag of Emmy’s (9 cookies) for a thicker crust, but you can experiment with fewer cookies for a thinner crust. If you’re using a larger pan, just add more cookies!
Using your fingers or a spoon, firmly press the cookies down, flattening them and smoothing out the crust’s surface until it has reached a uniform composition.
MATCHA MINT BARS
Try this Matcha Mint Cheesecake filling for the perfect complement to a Double Chocolate Mint #cleancookiecrust. The refreshing mint flavor pairs well with the light and fluffy cheesecake filling, and the matcha tea serves as a natural green coloring, making these Matcha Mint Bars perfect for the holidays! Recipe by @peanutbutterandjuliette
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 bag of Emmy’s Double Chocolate Mint cookies
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 1 5.4oz can of pure coconut cream
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 lemon squeezed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tbsp matcha powder
- Soak cashews in water overnight
- Line a 6x6 pan with parchment paper
For the crust:
- Microwave 5 cookies for 15 seconds and then press into the pan until it forms an even crust
For the Matcha Mint filling:
- Drain water from cashews and add to blender or food processor. With the cashews, add the rest of ingredients and blend until smooth
- Pour filling onto the crust and freeze for about 4 hours
- Thaw for 1 hour before enjoying