These carrot cake muffins have all the delicious flavor of that carrot cake slice you love, but in muffin size! They are incredibly fluffy, moist, and the perfect way to fulfill your sweet tooth! Carrot Cake Muffins are great for breakfast time, snack time, and to enjoy as a dessert! With all-natural, vegan ingredients, which wouldn't be reaching for these muffins right out of the oven!? And to top it all off: these Carrot Cake Muffins are made with love and our Emmy's Organics Vanilla Bean Coconut Cookies!
This recipe is a vegan, gluten-free twist on a delicious classic cake! Once you've tried these Carrot Cake Muffins, you're going to be craving them 24/7! Trust us; they are always on our minds!! The combination of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and Emmy's Vanilla Bean Coconut Cookies makes this recipe unique and beginner-friendly. Haters gonna hate on carrots, but we don't carrot at all
Thank you @ourbalancedbowl!
What You'll Need
- 4 Emmy’s Vanilla Bean cookies, crumbled into crumbs
- 1 cup GF flour
- ½ cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (I used oat milk!)
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup freshly shredded carrots
- 2-3 tbsp coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 splashes of non-dairy milk, until desired glaze consistency, is reached
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line your muffin tin with muffin liners. Set aside.
2.In a large bowl, crumble the Emmy’s Vanilla Bean cookies using your hands until they resemble crumbs.
3.To the same bowl, add in the flour, oats, shredded coconut, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Mix to combine with a large wooden spoon.
4.In a small bowl, melt the coconut oil. Add the coconut sugar and whisk together until combined. To this mixture, add in the unsweetened non-dairy milk, apple sauce, and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
5.Slowly add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stirring as you go until they are fully combined.
6.Quickly shred ¾ cups of carrots (about 1 large carrots worth) and gently fold it into the batter.
7.Fill the muffin liners about ⅔ of the way full with the batter.
8.Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted into the center of the muffin and it comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then remove them on a cooling rack.
9. To make the glaze, combine 2-3 tbsp of coconut sugar with ¼ tsp of vanilla extract, ¼ tsp cinnamon and a splash of non-dairy milk until you reach the desired consistency. If you want the glaze thicker, add more sugar. If you want the glaze thinner, add more milk.
10. Drizzle the glaze generously over top of the warm muffins. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply