So we have some great news... you can now enjoy GUILT-FREE scones! And even better, they are Pumpkin Spice Buckwheat Scones! Do you know what that means? Fall is just around the corner, and we could NOT be more excited! Ahhh fall: the beautiful leaves, warm apple cider, fun apple picking memories with friends, and of course, PUMPKIN SPICE FLAVORED EVERYTHING!!
Featuring our limited Edition Emmy's Organics Pumpkin Spice Coconut Cookies, this is an excellent dessert for crisp fall mornings or dinner parties via video call. They are easy to make and guilt-free to enjoy!
Made with vegan ingredients such as Buckwheat flour, cinnamon, and plant-based milk, these Pumpkin Spice Buckwheat Scones are sure to be a jackpot! Once you've tried these Pumpkin Spice Buckwheat, you're going to be craving them 24/7!
Thank you @plantandsprout!
What You'll Need
- 4-5 Emmy’s Organics Pumpkin Spice Coconut Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (solid)
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
1.Preheat your oven to 350F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
3. In a small bowl, mix combine the milk and vinegar and set it aside - it will curdle as you prep the other ingredients.
4. In large bowl, mix together your flours, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
5. Once this is mixed, add in your coconut oil - you don’t want it to be melted, just solid.
6. Using a spoon or your hands, mix the oil into the dry mix - it should just break apart into small pieces.
7. Then, add in the milk mixture and combine everything together, crumble thoroughly and fold in Emmy’s cookies.
8. Flour your counter and roll out your dough - sprinkle more flour on top in case it is a bit too sticky.
9. Using a cup or cookie cutter, cut out the scones roughly two-inch high disks, and place them on your baking sheet.
10. Bake the scones for about 20-25 minutes, and allow them to cool before adding any drizzle.