Imagine this: you wake up on a cool, fall morning and head to the kitchen looking for a breakfast item to enjoy alongside a warm cup of apple cider. Hmm, you think to yourself: I'm craving something pumpkin-spiced. Well, we have an idea for you! How about Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake! Not only is it the perfect treat to wake you up in the morning but it's vegan and gluten-free!
Made with love and our delicious Emmy's Organics Pumpkin Spice Coconut Cookies, this coffee cake is the best way to get your day rolling. The simple ingredients for this recipe are surely laying around in your pantry already. So grab your mixing bowls, the ingredients, an apron, and get to work!! Enjoy them with your friends and family! Don't forget to share your delicious creation on your Instagram to be feature @emmysorganics! We can't wait to see the results!
Thank you @plantandsprout for this delicious & cozy recipe!
What You'll Need
- 4 Emmy's Organics Pumpkin Spice Coconut Cookies, crumbled
- 1.5 cups GF all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 Emmy's Organics Pumpkin Spice Coconut Cookies, crumbled
- 1/2 cup GF all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp vegan butter or coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
3. In a big bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
4. Then, add in the sugar, oil, milk, vinegar, and cookies and mix everything together.
5. Add batter to the baking dish and set aside while you make your streusel.
6. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, cookies, and butter/oil and mix together with either your hands or a fork until it is combined and clumpy.
7. Add the mixture on top of the batter, spreading evenly, and then add the cake into the oven, allowing it to bake for about 40 minutes.
8. Let it cools off before drizzling with icing or yogurt.