Can you believe Fall is just around the corner!? We certainly can't but just the thought of Pumpkin Spice has surely caught our attention. Dear Pumpkin Spice: we sure love you a latte but there are so many ways to enjoy the Pumpkin Spice flavor other than in coffees! Pumpkin Spice donuts, cakes, cupcakes, and bars sound so delicious right about now. Calling on all fall enthusiasts with this Pumpkin Spice Crumble Bar recipe featuring our Limited Edition Emmy's Organics Pumpkin Spice Coconut Cookies!!
This recipe is a vegan, gluten-free twist on a scrumptious dessert bar! These bars take under an hour to make and you will be enjoying them in no time! So grab some Emmy's Organics Pumpkin Spice Coconut Cookies, almond flour, and some other delicious ingredients and get to work! Head down to the park and enjoy these delicious Pumpkin Spice Bars during the last few summer weekends or get ready to enjoy them with some warm apple cider along with the crisp autumn air heading our way soon!
Thank you @feastingonfruit for this great recipe!
What You'll Need
Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 1 15oz can (425g) pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup (65g) almond butter
- 1/3 cup (105g) maple syrup
- 1/2 cup (120g) non-dairy milk
- 3 tbsp (20g) arrowroot or tapioca starch
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 package Emmy’s Organics Pumpkin Spice Coconut Cookies (9 cookies)
- 3/4 cup (90g) almond flour
- 2 tbsp (25g) coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. Crumble the Pumpkin Spice Coconut Cookies into a bowl.
3. Add the almond flour, coconut oil, and salt. Mix with a fork until sticky and crumbly.
4. Press half of the crumble into a lined loaf pan. Set aside the rest for topping.
5. Whisk or blend together the filling ingredients.
6. Pour over top of the crust.
7. Sprinkle the remaining crumble on top. If it starts to sink in, bake the bars for 20 minutes first, then add the crumble and finish baking.
8. Otherwise, bake for 40-45 minutes at 350ºF.
9. Remove from the oven. Cool. Chill overnight before slicing into squares.
10. Enjoy! Keep leftovers in the fridge.
Leave a Reply