Who said Chia seeds are just a breakfast food?! Chia Seeds are a unique staple for your favorite desserts as well! We love to sprinkle chia seeds into our smoothies and acai bowls topped with our Emmy's Organics Coconut Cookies ;). But we are huge fans of this delicious Chia Berry Bar recipe which incorporates our Emmy's Organics Vanilla Bean Coconut Cookies!
Loaded with antioxidants and vitamins, berries and chia seeds are the perfect combo for a guilt-free dessert. P.S this is a vegan, gluten-free treat that is super easy to make and enjoy in no time! So what are you waiting for? Grab some berries (frozen or fresh), Emmy's Organics Vanilla Bean Coconut Cookies, and almond butter and get to work!
Thank you @beachsidekitchen for this amazing recipe!
What You'll Need
- 9 Emmy's Organics Vanilla Bean Coconut Cookies
- 2 tbs almond butter
- 1 tbs almond flour
- 4 cups berries (fresh or frozen both work)
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 1-3 tbs maple syrup (optional)
- Almond or peanut butter, for topping
1. Pulse Emmy's cookies with almond butter and almond flour in a blender or food processor until fine sticky consistency forms. Press into a lined 8x8 pan.
2. Add berries to a saucepan and let simmer on low heat until a jammy consistency forms (about 10 minutes).
3. Stir in chia seeds and add maple syrup if you want more sweetness (this will depend on how sweet your berries are).
4. Pour berry mixture over crust and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
5. Drizzle nut butter of choice over the top before serving.