Did someone say brownies?! Count us in. But wait.. it gets better! This recipe calls for Zucchini Brownies aka a healthier and more delicious twist on your favorite Brownies. They’re vegan, gluten-free, and incorporate our Emmy’s Organics Dark Cocoa Coconut Cookies!
Add your choice of chocolate chips into the batter to enjoy a dessert that leads you straight to chocolate heaven! Zucchinis are a great summer vegetable rich with lots of vitamins and minerals that make this dessert extra special. They are also high in antioxidants and helps with digestion. Do you need any more convincing to kick back and enjoy a fudgy, chocolatey brownie (or two)?! We sure don’t! Grab your friends and a picnic blanket and soak in some summer sun!
Thank you @plantandsprout for this amazing recipe!
What You'll Need
- 3-4 Emmy's Dark Cacoa Coconut Cookies, crumbled
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour or gluten-free all-purpose flour (such as Bob's Red Mill 1-1 baking flour)
- 3/4 cup coconut or cane sugar
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 flax egg
- 1/2 cup plant milk
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
1.Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cacao powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
4. In another bowl, mix together the zucchini (do not drain it!), oil, flax egg, and milk.
5. Add this wet mixture to the dry and stir in the chocolate chips and crumbled cookies.
6. Pour the batter into your baking pan and allow it to cook for roughly 30 minutes, as long as the center is done (check with a toothpick - it should still be a little bit gooey!).
7. Allow them to cool before cutting and serving with ice cream.
Leave a Reply