So light, fluffy, and delicious! These Birthday Cake Cupcakes with Coconut Cream frosting are the best birthday treat we can think of. Make this yummy vegan dessert for an outdoor birthday party this summer or even gift them to a special somebody! Made with vegan and gluten-free ingredients, these babies will be a hit!
A fluffy and fabulous cupcake with whipped coconut cream frosting is topped off with fun sprinkles. This recipe uses our Emmy's Organics Birthday Cake Coconut Cookies to make sure these Birthday Cake cupcakes leave a party in your mouth. Look no further for the perfect cupcake recipe with a twist!
A big thank you to @plantandsprout for this fantastic recipe!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup GF all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 Emmy's Organics Birthday Cake Cookies
- 1 Tbsp sprinkles
- 1 can coconut cream, chilled
- 1 5.3 oz cup vanilla vegan yogurt
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- Sprinkles (for decoration)
1. Preheat your oven to 350F. Line a muffin pan with muffin liners and set aside.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the apple sauce, maple syrup, water, oil, and vinegar.
4. Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix, folding in the crumbled cookies.
5. Fill up your muffin pan, and bake the cupcakes for about 20 minutes.
6. While your cupcakes are cooling, take your coconut cream out of the fridge and scoop out the cream into a mixing bowl - make sure you don’t include any coconut water.
7. Whip the coconut cream a bit, adding in the yogurt and possibly maple syrup if you want it to be a bit sweeter - if the yogurt is already sweetened then just taste it to see if it's enough.
8. Whip until everything is fully incorporated and your frosting is light and whipped.
Leave a Reply