Picture this: it's Sunday morning, and you are craving a delicious treat to jump-start your day. What's better than kicking back to enjoy a healthy and easy to make parfait with Emmy's Organics Vanilla Bean Coconut Cookies!
This layered snack will hit the spot with the savory coconut whip divided by refreshing blackberries and cookie crumble. With summer right around the corner- we can't think of a better way to soak in the sun with a tasty treat by your side.
A big thank you to @ourbalancedbowl for this fantastic recipe!
What You'll Need
- 6 Emmy’s Organics Vanilla Bean Cookies Coconut Cookies
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ¼ tsp salt
Homemade Coconut Whip
- 1 can coconut milk (Use only the cream from the top!)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tsp maple syrup - depending on how sweet you want it
2 cup ripe blackberries, mashed with a fork (divided)
Makes 4 small parfaits (and you will probably have some leftover Emmy’s cookie mixture!)
1.In a food processor, pulse together the Vanilla Bean cookies, oats, maple syrup, unsweetened shredded coconut and the salt until it’s a fine crumble. Place in a bowl and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, spoon out the coconut cream that’s on top of the liquid in the can of coconut milk. Add the vanilla extract + maple syrup. Using a hand mixer (or a whisk), mix for 2-3 minutes
or until it begins to thicken. FYI this won’t be as thick as normal whipped cream - but the taste is delicious!
3. In a bowl, mash your ripe blackberries with a fork. Begin layering your parfaits! I added the cookie crumble layer first, followed by the coconut whip then the blackberries.
4. Repeat until the glass you are using is full. If desired, add an extra pinch of the cookie crumble on top. Enjoy immediately!
Leave a Reply