We're taking advice from Jack Johnson and sleeping in and making banana pancakes this weekend! This scrumptious Coconut Banana Pancakes recipe not only uses the cleanest ingredients, but also our very own Chocolate Chip Organic Coconut Cookies are thrown into the mix (quite literally)!
Our Chocolate Chip Organic Coconut Cookies are delicious on their own, obviously, that's why we made a Grab n' Go snack pack variety, but adding them to these banana pancakes will add a mouth-watering spin to your breakfast!
A big thank you to Michelle Porizkova @plantandsprout for this delicious recipe!
What You'll Need
- 3 Emmy’s Organics Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies
- 1 ripe banana *mashed
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup oat flour
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsps coconut flour
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
1. Heat a non stick pan to medium.
2. Combine the mashed banana, almond milk, vanilla, apple cider vinegar, flax meal and peanut butter in a small mixing bowl and whisk everything together.
3. In a separate bowl whisk together the oat flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and vanilla.
4. Add the wet mix to the flour and stir until everything is combined.
5. Heat the cookies in the microwave for 20 seconds then crumble and mash with a fork. Add to the batter.
6. Pour a scoop of batter into the pan and cook until the top becomes stiff and bubbly, about 5 minutes each side.
7. Serve with maple syrup, peanut butter, and banana.