We are all about no-bake treats during the hot summer months. No-bake desserts are so tasty, cool you right down, and really hit the sweet tooth spot! These Lemon Curd Bars feature our Vanilla Bean Coconut Cookies as a tasty and easy crust!
If you love lemon and coconut, these bars are for you! Best enjoyed kicking back by the pool, picnicking with friends, or enjoying some solo sunshine. These bars are like sunshine in a dessert!
Our Vanilla Bean Coconut Cookies are super versatile and make a delicious and easy crust. Be sure to check out some of our other recipes for inspiration!
A big thank you to @ourbalancedbowl for this amazing recipe!
What You'll Need
Emmy’s Cookie Crust:
- 6 Emmy's Organics Vanilla Bean Coconut Cookies
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- 1 tsp lemon zest (if desired, for extra lemon flavor)
Lemon Curd Filling:
- ¾ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (worth about 2 large lemons)
- 1 cup coconut cream (the cream you find on top of a can of coconut milk)
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 4 tbsp cornstarch
- 1-2 tsp lemon zest
1. In a food processor add the rolled oats, Emmy’s cookies, melted coconut oil, coconut flakes and lemon zest. Pulse until a crust consistency.
2. Add a piece of parchment paper to an 8x8 glass baking dish. Add the cookie crust directly in and gently press down to make a crust - making sure it is evenly spread on all 4 sides of the dish. Place this in the freezer for 20 minutes to set.
3. To a small saucepan, add the coconut cream, lemon juice, maple syrup, cornstarch and lemon zest and whisk until smooth.
4. On medium heat, whisk consistently for around 5 minutes or until the curd has thickened. Once thickened, remove from the heat and place in a safe glass container (I used a mason jar) to let it cool.
5. Once the lemon curd has cooled and the crust has set, carefully add spoon lemon curd on top of the cookie crust. Smooth and spread until it almost completely covers the crust.
6. Place in freezer for 30 minutes to set and then move to the refrigerator for the next 30 minutes to 1 hour to set.
7. Cut and enjoy! Garnish with a fresh lemon slice and/or coconut flakes.
NOTES: If you have extra lemon curd leftover, use it in your oats, vegan yogurt bowls, on top of toast etc.