We know everyone is baking banana bread right now (what else is there to do to stay busy during quarantine?), so we decided now's the perfect time to introduce a scrumptious, new recipe that puts a fun twist on your classic banana bread! Oh, and did we forget to mention this is also the perfect opportunity to use our new Emmy's Organics Grab-N-Go Vanilla Bean Coconut Cookie packs!
So, go get your hands on a cute little Emmy's Grab-N-Go package and indulge in a couple cookies (you only need half the pack!) and get going on this mouthwatering recipe that's sure to have everyone running to the kitchen saying, "Mmm, what's baking?!"
A big thank you to Dani Breiner @danishealthyeats for this delicious recipe!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 package Emmy’s Organics Grab-N-Go Vanilla Bean Coconut Cookies
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp arrowroot starch/flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 ripe bananas
- ½ cup nut butter (Cashew works great)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup nut milk
- 1 flax egg
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ package Emmy’s Organics Grab-N-Go Vanilla Bean Coconut Cookies
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 350F. Line an 8x8 baking dish and set aside.
2. In a food processor (or mash by hand), add all of the wet ingredients and blend until completely smooth. Add in ½ a package of Emmy’s Vanilla Coconut Cookies and pulse until incorporated into the mixture.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together your dry ingredients. Slowly fold in the wet ingredients into the dry. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
4. In the same bowl, crumble the Emmy’s coconut cookies into tiny bits. Then stir in the coconut sugar and cinnamon until a crumbly mixture forms. Top the bars with the mixture.
5. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until set in the center. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Leave a Reply