Everyone is familiar with Payday bars and the nostalgia these treats carry, but with this new and delicious recipe, Payday bars have grown up and gone vegan!
This is Emmy's Organics take on the iconic snack. By creating your own healthy caramel mixture and using our very own Organic Vanilla Bean Coconut Cookies as the base, we think you just might like these ones even more than the original!
A big thank you to Dani, @danishealthyeats for this delicious recipe!
What You'll Need
- 9 Emmy's Organic Vanilla Bean Coconut Cookies
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2-3 tbsp water
- ½ cup chopped peanuts
1. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Break the vanilla bean cookies apart in a bowl. Then, firmly press them into the bottom of the loaf pan, creating the crust. Set aside.
3. Place remaining ingredients, besides peanuts, in a food processor and process until a dough forms, adding the water 1 tbsp at a time until a thick paste is formed.
4. Press the caramel mixture over the crust layer. Then, sprinkle on the peanuts and press down gently, so they slightly stick into the caramel.
5. Place in the freezer to set, about an hour-overnight, remove, cut into slices.
Leave a Reply