We don't know anyone who doesn't love a good buttery crumble topped pastry, but with these Vanilla Bean Berry Crumble Bars there's even more to love because we've found the perfect recipe that uses our very own Emmy's Organics Organic Vanilla Bean Coconut Cookies as the main ingredient for the crumble!
Sure these classic cookies are delicious on their own (that's why we just released Grab-N-Go packs of them!), but the smooth vanilla flavor mixed with the rich syrupy flavor or berries is a match made in heaven!
A big thank you to Dani, @danishealthyeats for this delicious recipe!
What You'll Need
For the Crust/Crumble:
- 9 Emmy’s Organics Vanilla Bean Coconut Cookies
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup oats (or sub more almond flour, just gives an oaty crumbly texture)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/3 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
For the Berry Filling:
- 1 package frozen mixed berries
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
Time: 15 min. prep + 20 min. bake time
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. While the oven is preheating, make the berry center by combining the berries, lemon juice, and maple syrup to a small saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat. As the berries begin to heat up, crush them with a fork or masher to create a jam-like texture.
3. Remove from the heat and stir in the chia seeds. Set aside to thicken.
4. To make the crust, combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix with a fork, or your hands, until a crust-like dough has formed.
5. Press 1/2-3/4 of the mixture (Depending on how much you’d like to save for the topping) into an 8X8, parchment-lined, baking pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the crust is slightly golden.
6. Remove from the oven and pour the berry mixture evenly over the crust. Crumble the rest of the dough over the berries and return to the oven.
7. Bake for another 20-25 minutes or until the crumbly mixture on top is crisped to your liking.
Leave a Reply