We're taking banana bread to a whole new level! This Salted Caramel Tahini Cookie Dough Banana Bread is quite literally everything we could ask for. Sweet, salty, full of flavor & super moist, you'll probably never settle for regular banana bread ever again!
Our Vanilla Bean Coconut Cookies add just the right amount of coconut flavor and texture, perfectly complimenting the banana, cashew butter, tahini & chocolate chips. The fun part? You can really customize this loaf! More chocolate chips? Less tahini? Anything goes!
Bring this Salted Caramel Tahini Cookie Dough Banana Bread with you to your next brunch hang or enjoy it right out of the oven with a cold glass of almond milk. It's perfect any which way you choose to enjoy!
A big thank you to Dani, @danishealthyeats for this delicious recipe!
What You'll Need
- 9 Emmy's Organics Vanilla Bean Coconut Cookies
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped chocolate/chocolate chips/cacao nibs
For salted caramel drizzle (optional, but decadent):
- 2 tbsp cashew butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 Flax eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup Coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
1. Preheat oven to 325F.
2. Place bananas in a food processor and process until completely smooth.
3. Add the flax eggs, sugar, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla to bananas and continue processing until combined.
4. Then add the rest of the ingredients and process until smooth.
5. Chop the Emmy’s Organics cookies into tiny chunks. Add those, along with the optional nuts & chocolate, and fold into the batter gently.
6. Pour into a prepared loaf pan. Tip: I saved a few chunks to throw on top of the loaf.
7. Combine all ingredients for the salted caramel drizzle. Tip: You can go ahead and drizzle this on top before baking or wait until the loaf is done. Up to you!
8. Bake for 35-50 minutes. Tip: I have made this multiple times and each time, it varies a little. Once a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, remove from the oven to cool.