We've all seen the newest and best date bars at our local grocery stores, but in true Emmy's Organics fashion we've raised the bar with these unbelievably decadent Salted Almond Butter Date Bars. With three distinct layers, each bursting with their own unique flavors, they melt together in your mouth making for the perfect sweet and savory taste!
With the base layer of this amazing treat being Emmy's Organics Organic Vanilla Bean Coconut Cookies, there's no way to beat the incredible palate they create. Once you've tried these Salted Almond Butter Date Bars you're going to have a hard time reaching for your average date bars again!
A big thank you to Lauren Dapoz, @laurenslovelykitchen for this delicious recipe!
What You'll Need
- 9 Emmy’s Organics Vanilla Bean Coconut Cookies
- 1 TB coconut oil, melted
Almond Butter Layer:
- 1/3 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted (about 10)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Flaky sea salt for sprinkling
1. Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil. Line with parchment paper.
2. For crust, combine cookies and coconut oil in a food processor till cookies are broken up.
3. Press cookie mixture into an even layer in prepared pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. For almond butter layer, combine almond butter, 1/4 cup coconut oil and maple syrup in a bowl.
5. Spread over crust. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until hardened.
6. For date layer, combine dates, coconut milk and cinnamon in a food processor. Add 1 TB hot water if needed. Blend till a paste forms.
7. Spread over almond butter layer. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
8. Use parchment paper to lift bars out of pan. Use a sharp knife to cut into squares. Sprinkle bars with flaky sea salt. Store in the fridge or freezer.
9. Don't forget to enjoy!