If you're a fan of Emmy's Organics, then you're probably no stranger to our Lemon Ginger Organic Coconut Cookies. These zesty treats are sure to satisfy on their own, but if you can resist from eating them for a moment (we know it's hard!) we encourage you to keep reading to find out one of our favorite uses for these sweet treats!
One of our best-loved ways to get creative with our Organic Lemon Ginger Coconut Cookies is to turn them into a crust. Whether the crust be for cheesecake, pie, or a scrumptious hybrid such as these Blueberry Kiwi Cheesecake Bars, we know our cookies are sure to add something special to the mix!
A big thank you to Dani, @danishealthyeats for this delicious recipe!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 bag freeze dried blueberries (or you could sub more fresh/frozen)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2-3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups soaked cashews
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1. For the crust, add Emmys lemon ginger cookies to a food processor. Process until a sticky dough forms. Press into the bottom of parchment-lined pan. The size of your pan will decide the thickness of your bars.
2. To make the filling, combine all ingredients into a food processor and process until completely smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
3. Pour over the crust evenly.
4. Peel & slice kiwi into thin slices and gently press them evenly over the blueberry filling.
5. Place in the freezer to set (2-4 hours usually does the trick). Remove from the freezer and slice into bars.
6. The texture is the best when they are kept in the fridge, or taken out of the freezer and thawed 15 or so minutes before devouring!