Coconut lover? We are in the same boat! We all grew up enjoying Mounds Bars and Almond Joys, or seeing them in their glistening packaging at the checkout line at grocery stores. If you're a candy lover, you're familiar with these candies. Although they sure are tasty, they are packed with unrecognizable ingredients. If you are the type to enjoy recreating cleaner versions of your favorite candies, these two recipes for copycat Almond Joy bars are perfect for you!
"Almond Joy" Bars
What You'll Need
1. Pulse the cookies in a food processor to break them up, about 10 seconds.
2. In a small saucepan, heat coconut oil, coconut butter and sea salt on low. Whisk to melt everything together. Once everything is melted, add the cookies and whisk some more.
3. Transfer to a baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Set in the freezer for 2 hours, preferably overnight.
4. To make the chocolate layer, combine everything in a small bowl and microwave for 25 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir until all the chips are melted. Pour the chocolate over the coconut base and sprinkle with chopped almonds and shredded coconut.
5. Cut into squares and enjoy!
"Almond Joy" Bites