A recipe that only calls for only 4 ingredients?! Sign us up! These Citrus Dark Cacao Brownie Pops pack a major flavor punch and could not be easier to whip up! If you can't help but pick up an orange chocolate bar when you hit the super market, or love experimenting with cake and cookie pops, our Citrus Dark Cacao Brownie Pops are right up your alley!
Made with 4 simple ingredients you likely have on hand right now; our Dark Cacao Coconut Cookies, an orange, a chocolate bar & salt, these Pops will become a favorite you make time and time again.
Bring these delicious Pops along with you Girl's Night or as a sweet after dinner surprise. Simple, tasty ingredients are the name of the game!
What You'll Need
- 9 Emmy's Organics Dark Cacao Cacao Cookies
- 1 Orange
- Chocolate bar of choice (used a stevia-sweetened version)
- Sea salt & cacao nibs for topping (optional)
1. Place the bag of Emmy’s cookies in a food processor.
2. Zest one medium orange and add that to the cookie mixture, as well as 1-2 tbsp of orange juice. I tasted as I went, so feel free to adjust to your liking.
3. Process until a crumbly dough forms (Careful not to over-process or things get sticky!)
4. Take a little dough & form it into a square (or a circle, your choice!) Continue until all dough has been shaped. At this point, if you are using the sticks, go ahead and gently insert them into each square. Place the squares in the freezer to firm for 15 or so minutes.
5. Melt your chocolate of choice with 2 tsp of coconut oil & an optional1 tbsp of orange juice, until completely smooth.
6. Remove the squares from the freezer & dip each one in the chocolate mixture. You an top with cacao nibs, extra zest, or more chocolate drizzle to make things pretty.
7. Place back in the freezer until chocolate has hardened. I store these in the fridge after the chocolate has originally set, for the perfect texture!
Leave a Reply