Your new biggest brunch hit: Chocolate Cookie Waffles! These waffles are packed with chocolatey flavor, you wouldn't even know they are vegan and grain free!
These waffles truly could't be easier or tastier. Our Dark Cacao Coconut Cookie add the perfect touched of chocolate and coconut to your breakfast. Top these delicious waffles with fresh berries, maple syrup or coco-whip and dig in!
A big thank you to Kiely, @thekindcoconut for this delicious recipe!
What You'll Need
- 2-3 Emmy’s Organics Dark Cacao Coconut Cookies
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- ¼ cup sunflower butter *substitute with any nut/seed butter
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
1. Heat a waffle iron to high heat.
2. Combine the apple sauce, almond milk, vanilla, apple cider vinegar, and sunbutter in a small mixing bowl and whisk everything together.
3. In a separate bowl whisk together the tapioca starch, coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, cocoa powder, salt, and vanilla.
4. Add the wet mix to the flour and stir until everything is combined.
5. Heat the cookies in the microwave for 20 seconds then crumble and mash with a fork. Add to the batter.
6. Pour a scoop of batter into the waffle iron and cook until its crispy, about 4-5 minutes for most irons.
7. Serve with maple syrup and fresh berries.
Leave a Reply