There's nothing quite like a warm loaf of banana bread right out of the oven. The smells that fill the room, the taste of moist and warm chocolate and banana, washing it all down with a glass of mylk.
This delicious Coconut Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe combines everything we love about baking banana bread with our Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies. The perfect little touch of coconut changes this texture just ever so slightly, the perfect twist to a classic recipe.
Bring this loaf along to greet your new neighbor, forge a new friendship or as dessert to a gathering. This Coconut Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is sure to please!
A big thank you to Kiely Graves @thekindcoconut for this delish recipe!
What You'll Need
- 4 Emmy’s Organics Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 cup gluten free flour *substitute any all-purpose flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp flax meal (+ 3 tbsps water)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup crushed walnuts *optional
- ½ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste *substitute with extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Make the flax egg and buttermilk in a small dish by combining the flax meal with 3 tablespoons of water, almond milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside.
3. Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
4. In a separate bowl mash the banana until most of the chunks are gone. Stir in the maple syrup, vanilla, and flax mixture.
5. Combine the wet and dry and stir to fold everything together. Using your hands crush the cookies into the batter and stir again.
6. Spray a bread pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 45 minutes.
7. Serve warm! Store leftovers for up to 6 days or keep in the freezer.