We didn't realize it was possible to pack so much fudgy goodness into a bite-size snack! Not only are these treats bursting with flavor, but they are also a yummy vegan alternative to other desserts!
We don't mean to toot our own horn, but *toot toot* our Emmy's Dark Cacao Coconut Cookies are responsible for a lot of that smooth chocolatey goodness you'll experience when munching on these Fudgy Peanut Butter Coconut Crisp Bars! Made with Fair-Trade cocoa powder and cold-pressed coconut oil it's hard not to love them!
A huge thank you to Katie Wells @sunflower_inthecity for this recipe!
What You'll Need
- 8 Emmy's Organics Dark Cacao Coconut Cookies
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate crisp rice cereal
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1. Heat the maple syrup and peanut butter over low heat in a small saucepan (or in the microwave). Stir thoroughly.
2. Stir in the chocolate chips until melted and silky smooth.
3. Optional Cookie Crust: Take 4 Emmy's Dark Cacao Cookies and press them into the bottom of the loaf pan to create a bottom cookie layer.
4. Add 4 Dark Cacao Emmy's to the wet mixture creating a dough-y base. Add peanuts and rice cereal. Mix well.
5. Dump the mixture on top of the cookie layer in the loaf pan. Press down.
6. Add another crumbled Emmy's on top for extra goodness!
7. Chill for a couple of hours in the fridge.
8. Slice and devour!