Looking for a delicious pastry to enjoy with your warm cider or coffee on a crisp autumn day? Then may we have your attention please? These Apple Crumb Muffins are what we think fall would taste like, you know, if fall were a delicious, vegan baked good!
Our Vanilla Bean Organic Coconut Cookies are already a great pairing for your daily hot beverage, but incorporated into this delicious treat, there's no denying you'll want to put on a pot of coffee and curl up with a good book as you snack on your Apple Crumb Muffin!
What You'll Need
- 5 Emmy’s Organics Vanilla Bean Coconut Cookies
- 3 pitted dates
- ¼ cup almonds
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 medium apple
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- ⅓ cup crumble *see recipe below¼ cup apple sauce
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. To make the crumble add the almonds, cookies, and dates to a food processor and pulse for 1 minute until everything becomes sticky and crumbly. Set aside ⅓ cup of crumble for the flour mix.
3. Whisk together the oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, flax meal, cinnamon, and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
4. Next add the non-dairy milk and applesauce and stir to combine everything.
5. Rinse the apple and chop it into small chunks. Add to the batter.
6. Line a muffin pan with baking cups and fill each ¾ of the way full with batter.
7. Using your hands, sprinkle the leftover crumble over the tops of each muffin and bake for 12 minutes.