Did someone say brunch?
These donuts are sure to make the menu for your next big brunch, whether it be Mother's Day, Father's Day, Easter, or just a Sunday that you have an overwhelming urge to make a large amount of breakfast food!
The texture and flavor of our Dark Cacao Organic Coconut Cookies is already a most pleasant experience and these Chocolate Coconut Cookie Donuts are no different! These donuts are moist and melt in your mouth - reminiscent of your favorite fall apple cider donuts!
A big thank you to Kiely Graves @thekindcoconut for this amazing recipe!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup oat flour
- 9 Emmy's Organics Dark Cacao Coconut Cookies
- 3⁄4 cup canned light coconut milk *sub any non-dairy milk
- 1⁄2 cup coconut sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsps apple sauce
- 2 tbsps coconut oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1⁄4 tsp sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sift the flour and cocoa powder into a mixing bowl and add the sugar, baking soda and salt.
3. Add the coconut milk, apple sauce, coconut oil, vanilla, and vinegar and whisk together. Don’t over mix!
4. Crush Emmy’s cookies into the batter and fold once more.
5. Spray a donut pan with oil and scoop the batter into each ring.
6. Bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool before frosting.
7. Best enjoyed the day of baking.