Look no further for your next big brunch hit - our Lemon Ginger Donuts get the job done! Packed with a zesty and sweet lemony flavor, they are sure to satisfy.
With spring rapidly approaching, our Lemon Ginger Coconut cookies encompass everything that is spring - fresh, exciting, sweet with a little kick. Our Lemon Ginger Coconut Cookies are delicious on their own, but with the extra flavor infusion from the apple sauce and maple syrup, you'll have a hard time describing these donuts as anything other than scrumptious!
Make this recipe your own by choosing your own signature topping for your freshly baked Lemon Ginger Donuts. Maybe you'll pick a sugary glaze or a vanilla yogurt or a thick frosting - the spatula is in your hand!
A huge thank you to Michelle Porizkova @plantandsprout for this amazing recipe!
What You'll Need
- 3 Emmy's Organics Lemon Ginger Coconut Cookies, crumbled
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour + baking soda + baking powder + salt and set aside.
3. In another bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients, except for the cookies.
4. Add your wet mixture to your dry and mix until everything if fully incorporated - but don’t over-mix!
5. Gently fold in your cookies until they’re incorporated.
6. Fill your six - donut pan with the batter, and bake for 20 minutes.
7. When you take the doughnuts out of the oven, give them a moment to cool before dipping into the yogurt or glaze you’re using.