Hello chocolate lovers! This one's for Y-O-U! These Double chocolate Brownie Bars could not be more packed with delicious chocolate, cocoa powder, chocolate protein powder & our Dark Cacao Coconut Cookies. Moist, dense and satisfying, these brownies are sure to become your new favorite!
Made with protein powder, flax and almond meal, these brownies also contain a fair amount of protein. Not only will they quiet that pesky sweet tooth, but they will keep you full and more satisfied for longer. Bring these Brownie Bars to your next girl's night or dinner party and WOW your friends!
A big thank you to Lauren Onesi @laurenonesi for this awesome recipe!
What You'll Need
- 2 Emmy's Organics Dark Cacao Coconut Cookies
- 2 scoops chocolate vegan protein
- 1 ¼ cups almond meal
- ⅓ cup blanched almond flour
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½-1 cup dairy free chocolate chips [save for the end]
- 3 open pasture eggs (or 3 flax eggs!)
- ¼ cup almond butter [use a thin one]
- ¼ cup plant milk of choice
- ¼ cup organic maple syrup
- 3 Tbs coconut oil [melted]
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 20-22 Minutes
Temperature: 350 Degrees
1. Preheat your oven to 350.
2. Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a bowl & set aside.
3. Mix all of the wet ingredients in a bowl EXCEPT for the coconut oil [since the ingredients are cold it can harden the oil]. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, THEN add the coconut oil, and mix until well combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
4. Coat a baking dish [I used a 9x9] with coconut oil or any organic baking spray. Dump the batter into your baking dish and by using the back of a spoon, spread it around until the whole dish is evenly filled.
5. Crumble 6 chocolate Emmy’s Dark Cacao cookies & spread across the top. With your hands, press the crumble topping into the batter so that it doesn’t fall off after baking!
6. Bake for 20-22 minutes. Let them cool for 60+ minutes before cutting into them & store them in the fridge!