There's not better or more delicious way to use your over ripe bananas than in a loaf of banana bread! this Coconut Streusel Banana Bread combines the best of both worlds, banana bread and Coconut Cookies! By adding our Vanilla Bean Coconut Cookies to both this bread batter and as a streusel topping, a pop of sweet coconut & vanilla flavor takes this loaf to the next level!
Banana bread is meant to be shared and enjoyed! Your coworkers are sure to love when you bring this yummy, grain-free & vegan treat to the office. Treat yourself and others to this moist, tasty and satisfying loaf!
A big thank you to Michelle Porizkova @plantandsprout for this delicious recipe!
What You'll Need
- 5 Emmy’s Organics Vanilla Bean Coconut Cookies, crumbled
- 1 1/4 cup 1:1 gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup walnuts - chopped
1. Preheat your oven to 350F.
2. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or grease it with coconut oil.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and set aside. In another bowl, mash up your bananas, and add in the apple sauce, sugar, water, and apple cider vinegar. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, folding in 3 crumbled Emmy’s Organics Vanilla Bean cookies and your walnuts.
4. Pour your batter into your loaf pan, and top with extra nuts and the other 2 crumbled Vanilla Bean cookies, as well as a sprinkle of coconut sugar over everything.
5. Bake your bread for 40-45 minutes, until your toothpick comes out clean. Allow your bread to cool before slicing.
Leave a Reply