Is there a more fun summer treat thank Chunky Monkey ice cream?? Now there is! These Chunky Monkey Cheesecake Bars are the perfect cool and sweet dessert bar for when the warm weather hits. Made with bananas, cashews, peanut butter & our Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies, these bars are a clean dessert you will know and love and make again and again.
A vegan dessert everyone will reach for! These bars are perfect for pool parties and cooling off on a hot day. Not to mention the sweet combination of chocolate, banana & peanut butter; the trifecta! You'll want to make these bars for the whole family!
A big thank you to Dani Breiner @danishealthyeats for this amazing recipe!
What You'll Need
For the chocolate chip base:
For the cheesecake layer:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups soaked cashews
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped freeze dried banana
For the chocolate topping:
- 1 chocolate bar of choice
- 2 tsp coconut oil
1. Add the bag of Emmy's cookies to a food processor and pulse until a sticky dough forms.
2. Press into the bottom of desired pan (size will decide thickness of the bars).
3. To make the cheesecake layer, add all ingredients besides the cacao nibs, walnuts, and freeze dried banana, to a food processor and blend until completely smooth. Fold in the chopped walnuts, nibs, and freeze dried banana.
4. Pour cheesecake mixture over the chocolate chip base.
5. To make the chocolate topping, melt chocolate and coconut oil together until smooth. Pour over the cheesecake layer. Tap the pan to ensure it evenly sets.
6. Place in the freezer to set. Once hardened, cut into slices. Drizzle with peanut butter (optional) and some sea salt.