One of our favorite breakfasts is this Chocolate Banana Granola. Making homemade granola is such a fun process! From deciding what flavor combinations you'll create to finding the perfect crunchy baking time and temperature, granola is extremely customizable.
This recipe uses our Dark Cacao Coconut Cookies and pairs them wonderfully with dried mango, dark chocolate, banana and peanut butter to create a flavorful crunchy brekkie. Sprinkle this granola on your yogurt or enjoy with almond milk, this recipe is sure to be your new fave!
A big thank you to Kiely Graves @thekindcoconut for this lovely recipe!
What You'll Need
- 4 Emmy’s Organics Dark Cacao Coconut Cookies *crumbled
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup dried mango
- ¼ cup dried mulberries *optional
- 2 tbsps cacao nibs or dark chocolate
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 medium banana
- ¼ cup agave or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp peanut butter *optional
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Whisk together the oats, cinnamon, sea salt, and dried fruits. Crumble Emmy’s Dark Cacao Coconut Cookies with your hands into the dry mix, whisk and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, mash the banana with a fork until all the chunks are gone. Stir in vanilla, liquid sweetener, and peanut butter. Add to the dry mix and stir everything until evenly coated.
4.Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and pour the granola on top.
5. Bake for 15-18 minutes.
6. Let cool on the pan before storing.