Is there anything better than a gluten free and vegan cheesecake made with clean ingredients?! This Peanut Butter Cacao Cheesecake is made with ingredients you know and love (and likely already have in your pantry!)
This creamy mixture of cashews, coconut milk and peanut butter makes for a delicious cheesecake center. If you love chocolate and peanut butter treats, this is the perfect cheesecake for you! Great for birthday parties and celebrations of all kinds. Any gathering around cheesecake is bound to be a good time!
As for the crust, this truly could't be easier! Take your Dark Cacao Coconut Cookie mixture and press it firmly into the bottom of your pie pan. Viola! You have yourself a #cleancookiecrust!
A huge thank you to Dani Breiner @danishealthyeats for this amazing recipe!
What You'll Need
For the Cacao Cookie Crust:
For the Cacao Peanut Butter Cheesecake:
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 chocolate bar or 1/4 cup chocolate chips of choice (I used a stevia sweetened brand)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 6 tbsp maple syrup or other sweetener of choice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
For the Chocolate Ganache:
- 1 chocolate bar of choice
- 1/3 cup coconut milk (top, thick part of the can)
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Whisk together the oats, cinnamon, sea salt, and dried fruits. Crumble Emmy’s Dark Cacao Coconut Cookies with your hands into the dry mix, whisk and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, mash the banana with a fork until all the chunks are gone. Stir in vanilla, liquid sweetener, and peanut butter. Add to the dry mix and stir everything until evenly coated.
4.Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and pour the granola on top.
5. Bake for 15-18 minutes.
6. Let cool on the pan before storing.