Looking for the perfect homemade pastry to pair with your morning coffee or tea? These Lemon Ginger Scones are a satisfying sweet treat that is sure to help you make the most of your morning.
Sure our Lemon Ginger Coconut Cookies are delicious on their own, but when baked into a scone they add not only flavor but a fun coconut texture, bringing a little something different to the table. Our Lemon Ginger Coconut Cookies give these scones the perfect zesty and sweet pop of flavor. Lightly sweetened with coconut sugar and the help of our Lemon Ginger Coconut Cookies. Anyone else inspired to throw a fancy tea party?
A big thank you to Michelle Porizkova @plantandsprout for this delicious recipe!
What You'll Need
- 3-4 Emmy’s Organics Lemon Ginger Coconut Cookies
- 2 3/4 cups gluten free flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (solid)
- 1 cup plant based milk
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat your oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine the milk and vinegar and set it aside - it will curdle as you prep the other ingredients. In a large bowl, mix together your flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Once this is mixed, add in your coconut oil - you don’t want it to be melted, just solid.
3. Using a spoon or your hands, mix the oil into the dry mix - it should just break apart into small pieces. Then, add the milk mixture to the dry mix, combining everything together.
4. Fold in your crumbled Emmy's Organics Lemon Ginger Coconut Cookies. Flour your counter and roll out your dough - sprinkle more flour on top in case it is a bit too sticky.
5. Using a cup or cookie cutter, cut out the scones roughly two-inch high disks, and place them on your baking sheet. Bake the scones for about 20 minutes, and allow them to cool before adding any drizzle.