Is there anything better than a warm cinnamon roll right out of the oven? Now there is! These Apple Streusel Cinnamon Rolls are a fresh and delicious take on the classic. Adding our Vanilla Bean Coconut Cookies to a classic cinnamon roll recipe really takes things up a notch. Created with delicious baked apple, cinnamon and coconut sugar, this flavor combination is sure to satisfy.
Be the talk of brunch, satisfy your hungry girlfriends at the baby shower, hit a home run with the other parents at the school bake sale. These Apple Streusel Cinnamon Rolls are legendary.
Adding our Vanilla Bean Coconut Cookies to this recipe gives these cinnamon rolls a wonderful hint coconut and delightful texture, making every bite the best bite.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 packet yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 3/4 cups GF baking mix
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2-3 shredded apples
- 4 crumbled Emmy’s Organics Vanilla Bean Coconut Cookies
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup plant milk
1. Preheat your oven to 350F. In a medium bowl, combine your warm water and yeast and allow it to sit for about five minutes so bubbles form and the yeast activates. Then, add in your sugar, oil, and salt.
2. Slowly add in your flour, and once your dough is formed. Roll out dough on a floured surface into a rectangle, about 1 inch thick.
3. On top of your dough, spread your coconut oil and sprinkle your Emmy's Organics Vanilla Bean Coconut Cookies and other filling ingredients on top. Roll it up, slice into 2 inch thick rolls, and place into an 8x8 baking pan. Bake for about 25 minutes, until your rolls are nice and golden.
4. As for the caramel glaze, combine everything into a smalls saucepan and allow it to come to a boil on high heat - once it begins to bubble, take it off the heat and let it cool for at least five minutes; it will thicken up.
5. Pour over your rolls and dig in!
Leave a Reply